Wednesday, November 3

Questions No Longer and New Questions

I just saw a great post by George Siemens - Questions I’m no Longer Asking where he lays out the questions that he no longer finds interesting or relevant. This is incredible stuff because it really points to what's changed over the past few years.

George is asking this more for educators, but I'd like to piggy back and ask about this for learning professionals (educators, trainers, eLearning designers/creators, etc.).

The November Big Question is:

What questions are you no longer asking? What are your new questions?



If you aren't sure what I'm asking, look at the post by George. It lays it out pretty well.

How to Respond:

Option 1 - Simply put your thoughts in a comment below.

Option 2 -

Step 1 - Post in your blog (please link to this post).
Step 2 - Put a comment in this blog with an HTML ready link that I can simply copy and paste (an HTML anchor tag). I will only copy and past, thus, I would also recommend you include your NAME immediately before your link. So, it should look like:

Tony Karrer - e-Learning 2.0

or you could also include your blog name with something like:

Tony Karrer - e-Learning 2.0 : eLearningTechnology

Posts so far (and read comments as well):

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

No longer asking permission to try new designs, methods that I know will benefit the organization.

Occasionally, I have to ask for the trust so we can finish the ride so they can really enjoy the AH! moment at the end.

Also, most commonly asked now in almost every design: How are we supporting the employees in applying these skills on the job? How about managers in mentoring?

Jason said...

Jason McDonald - Maybe You Should Read the Manual

Clive Shepherd said...

Clive Shepherd Clive on Learning

Anonymous said...

No longer asking whether I need to be proficient in every content creation software suite that floats down the river (or even invest in them at all).
I used to fear that not having/using some purported "hot tool" would make me less marketable, and maybe that really is the case. But I feel that forcing myself to be selective helps me focus on a niche where I can eventually develop a level of expertise and be more confident about my work products.

Jeff Goldman said...

Questions I No Longer Ask - Jeff's Response

Paul Angileri said...

Paul Angileri There Is No Chalk

publisherlv.edublogs.org said...

publisherlv.edublogs.org - question 5

I agree with question five. I don't think schools may understand that concept. It seems every new piece of technology is introduced to staff and everyone is expected to find a usefulness for the technology.

Why doesn't anyone give a small group of different teachers from differing subject areas a piece of technology to test and present their findings to the staff. From that other teachers can take fundamental information and make individual decisions.

I can't count how many times I went back to my classroom from a technology meeting and wished I was given a short cut sheet and encouragement then I could figure it out on my own and skip the next three mandatory meetings.

Thanks for the information to think about.

Anonymous said...

Holly MacDonald - Spark Your Interest!
http://sparkyourinterest.wordpress.com/2010/11/16/questions-im-no-longer-answering

ttv said...

And still I am learning too Clive.